rear wheel bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
92HatchVx
amateur

Posts per day: 0.04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: rear wheel bearing Reply with quote
I was driving my crx last night and i noticed loud noise coming from the rear driver side wheel and im thinking that its a bad wheel bearing. i was wondering how difficult of a job it would be be to replace the bearing.. i heard that i will need to replace the hub as well is this true....? its an Si with rear Disc brakes ...thanks
relic1
Site Admin

Posts per day: 0.22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
make sure it's not tire noise or rear brakes frist.

I've been thinking that I may need to do mine on my EG also, according to the manual it looks the same for an EF, and it doesn't look too difficult if you have acccess to a press.

I did the fronts on mine and a friends CRX a while back and it was fairly easy and stright forward.
92HatchVx
amateur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey matt how you been? how are the del sol seats treatin you? haha thanks again for the help man u seem to always have good answers to my questions... one problem tho...i dont have access to a press... Confused
moto27cm
Site Admin

Posts per day: 2.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are only doing the rears, they come as a hub/bearing unit. No need for a press. The fronts do have to be pressed out/in.
relic1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
92HatchVx wrote:
hey matt how you been? how are the del sol seats treatin you? haha thanks again for the help man u seem to always have good answers to my questions... one problem tho...i dont have access to a press... Confused

the seats are doing good. no problems at all and I'm so used to the lower seating position now that it feels really strange going back to normal seats in other cars. Feels like I'm ready to go off road even if the car is dropped.
How are the EX seats and header? any more O2 problems?

moto27cm wrote:
If you are only doing the rears, they come as a hub/bearing unit. No need for a press. The fronts do have to be pressed out/in.

there is no way to pull a part the hub/bearing in the rear?
Strange since I priced the rear bearings as a seperate unit from NAPA. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about.
92HatchVx
amateur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The seats and header are great! And no more 02 problems with the hatch its running great. I'm glad the del sol seats are working well for you they're probably more comfortable for you then they were for me since your taller. Anyone know how much the rear wheel bearings run since its one unit with the hub?
moto27cm
Site Admin

Posts per day: 2.2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They are about $100 from Honda.

Relic, I didnt think about getting a bearing from NAPA. They look like they are pressed into the hub (Im sure they are), I was just stating that Honda only sells them as a unit.

I do wonder why Honda only sells it as a unit. Maybe its easier for them..maybe there is a good reason. Whos to say?
relic1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It may be the same reason when you can't pull the front hub without replacing the bearing.... it falls apart when you do it. *grumble*

I may try to put in the NAPA bearing just to try it out. If it works I'll post up a how-to. (I should have time to try it this summer)
There is a big difference between $100 hub/bearing from honda and a $35 NAPA bearing. Especially if you want to do both sides....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // 4th gen All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: