Update on works for the 2007 season in Street Mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moto27cm
Site Admin

Posts per day: 2.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Update on works for the 2007 season in Street Mod Reply with quote
It's been a while since I have posted anything in depth on here (event though I'm part owner). I've been pretty busy over the winter, getting ready for the 07 season in Street Modified.

At the end of last year, I knew the bar was going to be raised quite a bit in SM, not only locally, but nationally as well. I knew I had a good platform to start with; the EH2 civic, as there are a couple that run competitively nationally. Last year I did alright locally with my B16A setup, but knew it wouldnt hold up at nationals or at a national tour.

I came up with plans to get a JRSC for the B16, or go with a bigger motor. After not being totally comfortable with buying a used JRSC, seeing that JR was coming out with a new design SC and the old design was going to be handled by Moss or whatever, I decided to go with a bigger N/A engine.

About two months ago I took delivery of a B20B from tigerjapanese.com. They gave me a good deal. I think I payed about $560 for a long block shipped. I've since put it in and got it running reasonably with the help of relic, who burned a chip for me.

There are definitely bugs that need to be worked out, but after being on the dyno yesterday, I'm pretty happy. I pulled 135.65whp and 130.38 torque. My current motor setup is like this:

-OE B20 base map chipped P28, limiter at 7500
-Stock low-comp B20B
-Valve adjustment
-Apexi WS exhaust
-2" Cat (too skinny)
-OE B16 header
-AEM CAI
-B&M FPR @ about 37psi

This is nearly what my stock B16 put down power-wise at 142whp, but with much more torque. My current plans are to build the bottom end with either wiseco high comp or OE B20Z pistons, then put the B16 head on it. I'm also considering rods and a girdle, but all of that costs money, so we will see.

For the time being, I think that with some tuning, an after market header and a larger cat (or deleting or said cat), I could put down some respective numbers for this year.

I've also gotten corner weighted and aligned.

The new specs are:
Alignment
2.75 deg front
.5 deg rear
1/8 toe out both ends

Corner Weight:
50% cross weight
total weight of 2190 (with road wheels on)

I can weigh as little as 1800lbs per the rules, but I don't think Ill get close to that.

Anyhow, that's whats going on with me right now.
lshatchcx18
amateur

Posts per day: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds like u been bizzy. I hope everything goes well for u this season.just do me a favor and atleast get some arp rod bolts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
moto27cm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, those are part of the plan when I go VTEC, for sure.

A guy took a vid of my car at Collettis on the dyno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP2rFLoA558
Elson23
Donating Moderator

Posts per day: 0.11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
very nice... Smile

Coming soon: TL Type-S.... Stay tuned....
relic1
Site Admin

Posts per day: 0.22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I missed this post... from the video I can hear spots in the map that are rich. Did you get in touch with Dave or are you going to wait till you drop on the head?
moto27cm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He finally got back to me, but we havent worked anything out yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Road Racing/AutoX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: