It was a different world

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotoutvoe17
absolute newb

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: It was a different world Reply with quote
It was a different world, none of us knew there was a Golden Ball or Golden Boot or any of that stuff. None of us played for that. Apparently it was in the papers back in the states, but we didn't get any of that while we were in China. We were all just focused on playing the game and doing what it took to win and doing it together. It's special for me to have that but I have that because of the way our team played. What I remember most is the friendship of the players on the team…We all played for the love of the game and for our team mates.

As continues to celebrate 25 years of magical moments and memories of the FIFA Women's World Cup, USA forward Carin Jennings Gabarra opted to reflect on how special it was to be a part of the Stars and Stripes' side at the inaugural edition of the tournament at China PR 1991 rather than putting her sensational performances back into the spotlight a quarter of a century later, as she stated above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: