how many of you race w/o p/s?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rok801
amateur

Posts per day: 0.05

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: how many of you race w/o p/s? Reply with quote
ive never raced autoX with power steering. any of you race without p/s and with it? notice any oversteer/understeer difference?

reason im asking is, i just bought a gsr swap and it has p/s... i dont know if i should just get rid of it before i drop the motor in or keep it...
RED HATCH CULT member #13
"I took the restrictor plate off to give the red dragon a little more juice... but lets keep that on the down low, its not exactly street legal..."
http://www.offtheback.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
moto27cm
Site Admin

Posts per day: 2.2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I kind of like not having ps. I get a better feel for the car and its less weight. Its a win-win IMO.

Last edited by moto27cm on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rok801
amateur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think ill end up swapping to a non-power steering set up...

that shits for the birds.
"I took the restrictor plate off to give the red dragon a little more juice... but lets keep that on the down low, its not exactly street legal..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
STSHatch
pro

Posts per day: 0.4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i used to race my EJ without power steering and loved it but now since ive gotten my SI which has it, i kinda like having it...i dunno ::shrugs::

relic1 wrote:
STSHatch wrote:
im a moron.

how long before that turns up in a sig? Laughing
Myogi_Nightkid
pro

Posts per day: 0.26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
no p/s for me either. like moto said, communication from your hands to the steering wheel to the tires down to the road is instantaneous because you feel the road more. less weight and no HP loss.

best steering feel i've ever felt were from the EVO and of course, go-karts. they're like cameras, you point and they shoot.
R hatch
amateur

Posts per day: 0.11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speaking of steering. is there a difference between the ps racks and the non-ps? i also plan to road race soon and i've heard some people say switch to a non ps system. i dunno if they were talking about the steering system from a CX or an aftermarket system.

i used to have ps also but ditched it during the swap.
rok801
amateur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
R hatch wrote:
speaking of steering. is there a difference between the ps racks and the non-ps? i also plan to road race soon and i've heard some people say switch to a non ps system. i dunno if they were talking about the steering system from a CX or an aftermarket system.

i used to have ps also but ditched it during the swap.

you can run no p/s like a lot of people do... but in several cases power steering fluid is a lubricant for p/s racks. so if you dont keep them lubed properly theyll end up drying up and then **** breaks.

i dont know names off the top of my head, but there are a few companies that make new non p/s racks for integras and the civic si... i think im going to look more into it.
jdmcivic92
amateur

Posts per day: 0.03

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i hate power steering while autocrossing... id rather have it without.. I get to feel the road better, and such
94hatchling
newb

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've never had p/s steering either. drove a friend's car around the track that had p/s and didnt like it. like said before, totally lose all feel.

there are companies that make the racks themselves, and also others that just run a seperate canister to keep the system lubricated. have a friend that is running his ITR w/o p/s and looped the system and a side canister to keep the fluid level where it is supposed to be to seat lubed and he loves it.

to each his/her own though.
rok801
amateur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
94hatchling wrote:
i've never had p/s steering either. drove a friend's car around the track that had p/s and didnt like it. like said before, totally lose all feel.

there are companies that make the racks themselves, and also others that just run a seperate canister to keep the system lubricated. have a friend that is running his ITR w/o p/s and looped the system and a side canister to keep the fluid level where it is supposed to be to seat lubed and he loves it.

to each his/her own though.

do you know what company made it?
thats kinda what i was looking for.
R hatch
amateur

Posts per day: 0.11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've seen that on honda-tuning i think. how they make fittings for a closed loop system to keep the fluid in... its a nice mod. only if i had time... Mad
jdmtyper
beginner

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
p/s Seriously Driving on a track Sucks. The Power asist that comes in the JDM CTR is absolutly perfect for track driving its the best of both worlds or better. USDM car I would pull that **** out, at speed it does not take too much effort to turn its when your stopped that it sucks.
EG_GSR_HB
amateur

Posts per day: 0.09

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I have no power options what so ever. Even ditched the ABS. Haha
RED HATCH CULT member #16
Matt: 92 hatch VX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Road Racing/AutoX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: