Pictures of my 2007 Camry (one of my T u R D s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

Posts per day: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Pictures of my 2007 Camry (one of my T u R D s) Reply with quote
Since Mother Nature finally decided to stop peeing on us for a second, I got the car waxed and detailed this past weekend. The car turned out amazing and my good friend Elson (EL ROD PHOTOGRAPHY) did a photo shoot for me. Now on to the pictures....

-Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the specs on it....

2007 Magnetic Gray Metallic Camry

Exterior:
- 18" TRD Wheels
- Toyota Ground Effects Kit
- Custom TRD Badging
- 20% Carbon Tint (Side Windows) & 5% Carbon Tint (Rear Window)

Interior:
- TRD Shift Knob W/ Shortened Shifter
- Toyota Performance Pedals
- JBL Audio System W/ Navigation

Engine/Performance:
- 3.5L V6
- Paint Matched Engine cover
- TRD Oil Cap
- K&N Typhoon Intake (Custom Painted Piping)
- TRD Cat Back Performance Exhaust

Suspension:
- TRD Lowering Springs & Struts

Thanks for looking.

-Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lazynok
pro

Posts per day: 0.11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lookin' great man! Love the TRD wheels... and the license plate... to people who don't know.. it looks like random letters assigned to a liceneplate... but to us "enthusiasts" it makes a lot of sense.
Miss Hatchy
amateur

Posts per day: 0.09

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wheels are gorgeous.
04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
02 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lazynok wrote:
Lookin' great man! Love the TRD wheels... and the license plate... to people who don't know.. it looks like random letters assigned to a liceneplate... but to us "enthusiasts" it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks man. In regards to the license plate, I did the same thing for the Supra (TRD-98TT) and some people notice it but a lot don't even look twice. If TRD ever releases a supercharger for the Camry, I will be changing the license plate to TRD-07SC Very Happy

Miss Hatchy wrote:
Looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wheels are gorgeous.

Thank you so much for the compliment. Terri and I both love the wheels but we get a lot of mixed reviews on them....you either love them or hate them. I noticed that you have a 2007 Tundra....what is your honest opinion about the vehicle? Terri and I were looking at getting a third vehicle a couple of months back and was thinking about picking one up. After doing a lot of research, we ended up going with a 2004 4x4 TRD Off-Road Double Cab Tacoma mainly because I did not want to spend around $50K for a fully loaded new Tundra.

-Ryan
moto21dx
pro

Posts per day: 0.26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive driven both the tundras. i like the power and and styling of the new one, but the interior is nasty.

the like 05 with the 20's i loved that truck...

I have just one thing to ask you.

WTF Its not red? Im sooo proud of you lol. im not really diggin on the wheels just yet, but we'll see. its still a hot car.
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
moto21dx wrote:
ive driven both the tundras. i like the power and and styling of the new one, but the interior is nasty.

the like 05 with the 20's i loved that truck...

I have just one thing to ask you.

WTF Its not red? Im sooo proud of you lol. im not really diggin on the wheels just yet, but we'll see. its still a hot car.

Even though red is my favorite color, I have always wanted a gunmetal color vehicle. Terri fell in love with the color of the Camry so it was an easy sell Twisted Evil and our Tacoma is actually silver because it is the only color that does not look dirty even when it is (that means I don't have to wash it as often Very Happy ). I really like the wheels (even though they are a pain in the a$$ to clean) because the inner color of the spokes is a gunmetal color that compliments the car very well.

-Ryan
Miss Hatchy
amateur

Posts per day: 0.09

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for being so late on this, but I absolutely love the truck. It has insane gobs of torque and has not given me ONE SINGLE PROBLEM in 22,000 miles. I can't say the same for my Titans! It's the best truck I've ever owned...it's a keeper Smile

As for the "nasty" interior...it's all in what you do with it. Could they have done a better job? Sure. But it's a TRUCK, not a Lexus.

I'm done with buying fully loaded vehicles. I was paying way too much for a bunch of stuff I didn't want just to get features I liked. So, I bought the SR5 this time around, and did it my way Wink The only option I miss are the factory fogs, and I haven't added them yet because Toyota wants $600 for the parts. The carpet is now black, and I'll be getting the glovebox and lower driver's side dash panel in black shortly.

For the exterior, I didn't want the Limited with the flimsy front bumper. So, I had the metal SR5 bumpers colormatched, as well as all the other trim. Since HIDs are not an option either, I went with an HID retrofit.

04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
02 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
lazynok
pro

Posts per day: 0.11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Miss Hatchy wrote:

Oh man... HIDs from that high off the ground.. think of us poor souls who literally sit on the road... HIDs on trucks are like the sun being reflected in our eyes! Nice truck though! Hehe I hope the HIDs dont kill us low-people
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*UPDATE*

I never understood why Toyota did not release an OEM dual headrest DVD entertainment system option for the Camry. So I decided that since I have made a TRD Camry (that Toyota again did not release as a package) it needed the rear headrest screens to make it just that much better.

After doing a lot of research to see what could work, I came across an option that was offered for the 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser (which really baffles me because there is not that much room in the rear seat of the FJ for an adult to sit comfortably and watch a movie). I compared the headrests from my Camry (dark charcoal leather) to the ones in the FJ and noticed that they were a 99% match. The only issue would be if the contol box for the rear headrest screens would actually communicate properly with the OEM Navigation Headunit. This is where I had to take a chance and order the 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment System (part # PT900-35070) just to see if it would be compatible (this was during the December timeframe).

I have been on travel for work quite a bit since then but finally had some free time over the past weekend to begin the installation process into my 2007 Camry with a lot of help from Simon (Illegal). Everything fit perfect and looks so nice now that it is inside the car but we did run into one small issue. The screens powered up like normal, played DVD/CDs like they are supposed to, the picture was really good, the wireless headphones worked awesome....but we could not get the audio through the car speakers using the AUX selection on the headunit. Also, the system does not come with any installation instructions...only operating instructions, so all of this was done by trusting our experience.

After some trouble shooting, we figured out that since it was not made for the Camry, the rear headrest screens control box was missing one wire that sent the signal to the headunit letting it know that an AUX input was connected. Instead of re-wiring the entire system, we came across a quick and simple solution. I must have my IPOD cable connected to the AUX input connection that is located in the center console pocket. This allows me to select the AUX input button on the headunit. Then all I have to do is remove the IPOD cable from the AUX input connection when I want the rear headrest screens audio to play through the speakers of the car. Now, here is the real kicker. I have to make sure that that IPOD cable is connected back into the AUX input connection before I shut the car off. If I forget to do this, I have to pull my center console apart so that I can reset the rear headrest screes control box.

Yeah, some of you might think that is a hassle but it actually is not that bad. The cool thing is that I am the only 2007 (GEN 6) Camry with an OEM Toyota Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment System Smile

-Ryan
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*UPDATE*

I hit a piece of a tire that came off of a tractor trailer truck with the front lip of my 2007 Camry. Instead of getting it painted, Simon (Illegal) and I decided to just wrap it with the 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Vinyl for now.

-Ryan
Rachel Anne
pro

Posts per day: 0.34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks great! so jealous... wanted a corolla but it's not in my finances at the moment Sad

i like the wheels too... and the carbon fiber lip. sweet stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
habaatrani
absolute newb

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice sharing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: