Updated Dash and more!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hondategra
beginner

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Updated Dash and more! Reply with quote
Hello Guys,

Its been a while since i posted, so i will update you on the ride.

I had plans of doing an alarm on my car, mostly for the keyless entry. So i decided to make my locks power so i could use this feature of the alarm. I went to the local salvage yard and picked up all the parts needed for the conversion to power locks, Windows, and mirros. It costed me around $250 for everything.

Then the day my alarm was suppose to show up according to UPS's website, i came out to my car to see my drivers window smashed. So i knew right away my stereo was stolen. Walked up and they bent my lower dash to remove my radio. Man i was pissed. So I called insurance and got money to repair my car including my dash. With the money i went to the same salvage yard and scored a 99-00 civic dash with all the components to convert it. Got everything at a good price and it was sort of free due to ins. picking up the tab.

So still in the works of finishing my dash project up. But when i finish it i'll snap some photos. I am also in the works of getting the outside of my car touched up, but will have to wait till spring.
RED HATCH CULT member #10
hondategra
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, sorry to keep you all waiting, But here are some shots from when my car got broken into, and a current shot of my new dash.

What i saw when i walked up to my car.

How she sits after two days of working with getting the dash in the car. It was well worth it.

relic1
Site Admin

Posts per day: 0.22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thieves must die a very slow and painful death via public lashings while being hung by their toenails.

the results looks great man. how much of a pain was it to get it in there? wiring issues?
different wheel as well?

curious, no radio or is the blockoff plate covering it?
hondategra
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not too bad, I have a hook up at a local salvage yard, the first dash i got didn't fit so well, We later discoved it was from a car that got hit from the side, so it tweeked the dash a bit. Next one i got went in just like it came out. As for other stuff, i had to swap out the Blower and heater core. I was able to leave the AC hooked up never had to disconnect like some read ups i saw. I got some pics laying around ill post them up. As for wire's i got all the dash harness from the 99, and all i had to do is run a wire for the Defrost. There are a few write ups i found explaining what wire you need to tap into. I guess i really wanted the 99 dash, didn't know how much work was involved, I would only reccommend it if you have 2 days and some money burning a hole.

And for the radio, i am still wondering what to do with it, so it sits with no tunes at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Cosmetics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: