My Male Mannequin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

Posts per day: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: My Male Mannequin Reply with quote
A lot of you know me or know of me from the different car events that I have helped organize (such as the Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET). But very few of you are aware of my other passion which is ice hockey. My parents started me young at the age of 4 and I was a natural at skating. I also had great eye/hand coordination but was terrible out in the open ice. So the only other position I could play was goalie and I fell in love with it. I played ice hockey my whole life growing up and worked extremely hard towards the goal that all youngsters playing sports have....becoming a professional athlete. After graduating High School, I was lucky enough to receive a full scholarship to the University of Pennsylvania to play ice hockey. I played for a season and a half as the starting goaltender but then it all came to an end. During a game against PENN State, the net was rushed on purpose by the other team and my knees were taken out from under me (I could not see it coming due to my defensive man in front of me). I underwent surgery on my right knee and hoped that I would be able to play again. There were several issues that arose during my lengthy healing process and I lost my scholarship. Even though I did finally heal and was able to play hockey again, I was never at the same level and my goal was crushed. My hockey equipment was stored away in the dark basement about 6 years ago instead of being sold in hopes that one day I could put them back on and show my son/daughter how to be a great ice hockey goaltender. A little bit ago, I got a bur up my butt and realized that my hockey equipment holds great memories for me and I needed to display them. I ordered a male mannequin and now when I sit down in my basement, I can relive some of the great experiences that have made me who I am....

-Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
moto21dx
pro

Posts per day: 0.26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats hot dude.

sucks about what went down tho, but hey, **** happens for a reason.
Illegal
pro

Posts per day: 0.23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"dude, his junks gonna be rubbin up in your armor man"

-Dogma

KIWI crossing...
NEW ZEALAND
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOLOLOLOLOL....I knew you guys would like it Smile

-Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
relic1
Site Admin

Posts per day: 0.22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
makes you think that you had your sites on a specific team when you went pro... Laughing

no love for the upenn jersey?
moto21dx
pro

Posts per day: 0.26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol
kaiba
amateur

Posts per day: 0.04

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see some Initial D toys.
RED HATCH CULT #9
Rachel Anne
pro

Posts per day: 0.34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that's awesome. good for you!!! my aunt has that same tv entertainment system stand thingy. it's nice. the male mann looks good too with those blue eyes haha.. can you tell it's been a while haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jspecb18c
Donating Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
relic1 wrote:
makes you think that you had your sites on a specific team when you went pro... Laughing

no love for the upenn jersey?

I would have loved to play pro for any team but playing for the Leafs would have been a dream come true. I still have love for my UPenn jersey but the Leafs jersey just looks so much better.

kaiba wrote:
I see some Initial D toys.

Hell Yeah....I love Initial D and also gotta give some love to Transformers!

Rachel Anne wrote:
that's awesome. good for you!!! my aunt has that same tv entertainment system stand thingy. it's nice. the male mann looks good too with those blue eyes haha.. can you tell it's been a while haha

Thanks and I love the stand (I have had it for about 8 or 9 years) and dont plan on getting rid of it. It used to be upstairs but we got a new flat screen TV for upstairs so we also had to get a new stand and put this one in the basement. I would say that I could help you with your last statement but I dont think Terri would be ok with that Smile

-Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    e-hatch.com Forum Index // Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: